** In case you missed our January newsletter email – here it is !
We had a great year at Costume / Uniform Inventory Resources in 2017 and hope you did as well. We passed the 1 million mark for the number of tags and labels printed ! We want to thank all our customers and subscribers for their orders, questions, and interest in our products. We hope that our products have made your work life a little easier and more organized.
We have added the Music Dept and Work Uniform Inventory Databases and list them under the name Uniform Inventory Resources. It is still one company but with two different customer groups. Look for updates to the website this spring.
Let us know if there is any product or upgrade you would like to see in the new year. We are always on the look-out for new ideas.
Call or email us any time. We hope to see you at one of our upcoming conferences in 2018.
Here is what we have been working on lately …
1) New updates to the Theatre Inventory Database – version 8-1:
Many customers have asked for a feature to track items like belts, ties, gloves, etc. that they don’t want to inventory individually but still want to check out. We have added new fields to track these and keep track of the original quantity and the quantity available (after check-outs). See more information in the User Guide – New Features section,
Do you pass out gloves, socks, packages of eyelashes or makeup to your performers and don’t want them back? We have added a category of “Disposable” to Costume Piece record. You can check-out the item so you know the performer received it and keep track of how many you have in stock. For example: If you have 15 pairs of white gloves – you check out 10 pairs to performers, you will have 5 pairs left. On the Checkout screen you will see that the Gloves are checked out but also checked in at the same time. Once an item is checked out it is subtracked from the Quantity count so you will know how many you have left.
c) Copy One Record to Many:
Have you ever created a record – for a costume piece, made 10 copies and then realized that you left one or two description fields blank? You really don’t want to go to each of the 10 copies and update those fields. Now you can use the “Copy One Record to Many” feature on the Costume Piece Utilities. You can select a record that has all the fields filled in, select the records you want to update (you select them by TagID), then select the fields to update from the list of fields. See the User Guide for more details.
d) New reports
There are new reports for the Multiples options, new Storage Box Labels reports and more.
See a list of all the new features here in the User Guide: New Features
If you would like to upgrade your current database to the new version – please contact us for details.
2) Music Dept Inventory Database. The Uniform Inventory Database -has been renamed to the Music Dept Inventory Database. After speaking with several music teachers at my last conference I realized that inventorying instruments and sheet music is just as important as the uniforms. Please tell all your marching band, choir, and orchestra teachers/directors about the database and tags. Click here for a brochure to download.
** 10% off for a Referral – If you refer a music teacher to us and they contact us – by phone or email, we will give you and the music teacher a 10% off coupon ! ! Help us get the word out to the music teachers at your school !
3) Work Uniform Inventory Database – This is a small database application to help companies track Work Uniforms (Shirts, Vests, etc) and Equipment (radios, work belts, etc). The types of companies that are using it are security, landscaping, house keeping, and fire departments. Look for a link to download this new database application very soon.
4) Conferences – We will be at TETA in Galveston, TX January 24-27th and at USITT in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida March 14 – 17th. Stop by our booth to see new software and pick up a 10% off Coupon. Attend our presentation to learn more about getting your inventory system set up. We hope to see you there!
5) Out of Office Dates – Our office will be closed from January 24-27th. I will try to check email as often as I can but will not be able to print any tags during those dates.
6) The Ultimate Ditty Bags are in stock ! Its time to get those Ditty Bags ordered for your spring musicals and performances. Please allow 1 week to get them customized and shipped to you.
7) New Download server – We have moved our Free Trial and other downloadable files to MS OneDrive. When you select to download a file you will go directly to the folder with the file icon showing. Click on the icon to download the file. It is one more step than you had to do before but should be pretty easy to do. Let us know if you have any questions or problems with the download.
Last – but not least – ** All New orders for the Theatre Inventory Database Complete Package will get a free mouse pad with their order.
Thanks again – we really appreciate your business.
Costume Inventory Resources
Uniform Inventory Resources
Call toll free (US and Canada) 1-855-468-8247
Hours: M – F, 9am – 4 pm Pacific Time