Its hard to believe that summer is over and it is time to get ready for the fall season and the start of school. This is a great time to get your costumes, props, equipment and uniforms organized! We have been busy this summer and here are the highlights:
1) Inventory Databases: Our databases have been updated and new modules and features added. The Jewelry Inventory Database is almost ready.
2) Inventory Tags and labels – New size for Tiny Iron-on Tags
3) Ultimate Ditty Bags – we have a new shipment of Ultimate Ditty Bags arriving soon – ready to be customized for your theatre
4) Conferences – EdTA National Conference– Sept 19-21st (Brooklyn, NY) and TETA TheatreFest Sept 26-29 (Dallas, TX)
5) Price Decreases / Increases
1) Inventory Database Updates !
1) Costumes and Props Rentals: The Checkouts for multiples (many identical items with the same Tag ID) has been updated so you can enter the number of the multiple item checked out (i.e. 4 Bow Ties). When you check that item back in – you have to do it from the Checkout / Rental screen (not the Quick Check-in) and you have to enter the quantity that was returned. If the quantity returned is less than the quantity checked out the item will not be marked as checked in. The Checkout and Rental reports have been updated to reflect the quantity checked out and checked in.
2) Costume Pieces: Three new fields, Hem Length, Sleeves and Location Notes, have been added to the Costume Pieces form. The Hem and Sleeve fields let you select from a drop-down with choices for different hem lengths and types of sleeves. You can do searches on these two fields as well. The Location Notes field is a text field to enter anything you might need to help describe the storage location.
3) New Reports – Available Costumes. A new report which lists the costumes and those that are ‘available’ (i.e. not checked out). The report is in two places – the Costume Pieces Reports menu (you can select by Costume Type or All Costumes) and as a report from the Search Results screen. You can do a search on the Costume Pieces, see the Results and print a report with the costumes listed with the size and the number of pieces available.
4) Props/Sets: There is now a feature for Rental Packages. If you have an item – like a table and matching chairs that need to be rented all together, you can create a “Package” and list all the items. When you rent an item from the package the program will ask if you want to rent all the parts of the package and if yes, it will check out all the parts of the package. Additional reports on the Packages are also available.
5) New Module: Scene Shop Tools. The Scene Shop Tools module lets you inventory your tools from the scene shop. This module includes the data entry form, searches and reports. Since most organizations don’t loan out tools there is no Checkout or Rental feature. The add-on is $50.
6) The Jewelry Inventory Database (Add-on) is almost ready. If you are interested in testing it out – please let me know.
1) Two new modules have been added: Stage Properties and Consoles/Computers. These are add-on (extra fee) modules that will track your stage properties (curtains, scrims, orchestra chairs, podiums, etc) and consoles (Lighting, Sound, Rigging) and computers. They are included in the “Equipment Inventory Database – All Modules” or available as Add-ons ($75 each).
Stage Properties Module – Inventory your curtains, scrims, podiums, etc.
2) For all equipment there is a new field – Receipt Document. This is a link to a PDF for the original receipt for the item. Often when you are making a claim to an insurance company they will want to see documentation on the original purchase. If you scan the document and put it on your computer in a folder just for PDF documents, then you can link that receipt to the item.
If you would like to upgrade your current version to the 9-9 (Theatre) 9-7 (Equipment) version, please contact me so that I can schedule a time to do the update. If you have purchased the database or an upgrade in the last 12 months, the upgrade is no charge. If it is longer than 12 months, the cost is $75 (plus the cost of any add-on modules you want).
Uniform & Music Dept:
The Uniform Inventory Database was updated a few months ago to version 9-5. It now has the Available Uniforms report. This report lists the uniforms and those that are ‘available’ (i.e. not checked out). The report is in two places – the Costume Pieces Reports menu (you can select by Costume Type or All Costumes) and as a report from the Search Results screen. You can do a search on the Costume Pieces, see the Results and print a report with the costumes listed with the size and the number of pieces available.
The Music Dept Inventory Database is at version 9-1. If you have not upgraded to the new version yet, please contact me.
The Uniform and Music Dept database packages now include 500 inventory tags (Iron-on or Sew-in) instead of 250. The prices for the packages have gone up to cover the additional costs.
2) Tags & Labels
The manufacturer of the tiny Iron-on Tag (7/8″ x 1/4″) has replaced that size tag with one slightly longer – 1″ x 1/4″. It is only 1/8″ larger. I have a few hundred of the original 7/8″ tags. If you really want that size – let me know right away. Once the 7/8″ size runs out all new orders will be 1″ x 1/4″.
3) Ultimate Ditty Bags
We have 8 Ultimate Ditty Bags in stock today but many more are on their way this week. If you are ready to order – please do so soon. I have plenty of Ditty Bag Kits and of course the pattern is always available to download at any time.
Peter will be attending the EdTA National Conference– Sept 19-21st (Brooklyn, NY) and Margaret will be at the TETA TheatreFest Sept 26-29 (Dallas, TX). Please stop by to say “Hi” and look at the new features of the software and inventory tags/labels.
5) Price Decreases/Increases
Good news – The Small 1.25″ x 0.5″ and the Tiny 7/8″ x 3/8″ INDUSTRIAL labels have decreased in price by a few cents each. Unfortunately, the costs of many of my other materials and products have gone up. I was planning to release a new price list July 1 but one of my barcode scanners was recently discontinued by the manufacturer and I have now found a good replacement – but at $20 more per scanner. The new price schedule is now published on the Price List page of the website. There are small increases for almost everything – sorry ! If you received a quote recently, the prices on the quote will be honored for 6 months. If you order after that period you will see the new prices on the invoice.
Thanks again – we really appreciate your business.
Costume Inventory Resources & Uniform Inventory Resources